Newsline posts summarize all the important information in a news event. Try not to leave out any points that tell the story of that event.
- Find your sources, such as newspapers. Note that while Wikipedia is a good starting point for information on a topic, it is not a source. Look at the sources Wikipedia uses (in the References section at the bottom of the page) to see if they are useful or not.
- Scan the original news article for the main news points that actually happened at that time. Anything from the past goes into a separate post. So if someone is being sentenced for a crime, the day they are found guilty should be put in a separate post.
- Add more points anbout the same event from other news articles if necessary.
- Find a quote in the article, or find a YouTube clip that supports the event if you can
- Summarize the points of the news event and quote in a concise way. Avoid repetition.
- Link to each source you use
The Cliven Bundy newsline is a good example of the way posts should be structured