Adding posts is easy…
- Click + Add New in the Admin bar (the black bar at the top of the page) and select Post
- The Add New Post screen will appear
- Add a Title for your post.
- Enter the date of the event in the Event Date box. Use the selector if the date has no month or day.
- Add a summary of the news in the large text input box. Remember to use the present tense.
- Select the text you want to add as a quote and click the quote icon
- Add an Event Type such as Birth, Marriage, TV Appearance etc
- Add a Category (the name of the person or product). This will link your post to the other posts in the newsline.
- Add an image or video
- Re-read your text one more time.
- When you are ready click Submit for Review
After your post is submitted:
- Your post will be checked for around 30 common errors. If you have any issues you will get some warnings.
- Fix the errors or ignore warnings that are not relevant by clicking the checkboxes. For example you may not be able to find an image, so just check the “missing image” checkbox. You must check all checkboxes to submit your post.
- Your post will now be submitted to a human editor for review.
- The editor will either approve your post or send it back to you with comments so that you can submit it again.
It usually takes most people around 5-10 posts to get used to our system and our formatting. If you need help jump on the chat, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org